After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007



FELIZ DIA DE SAN PATRICIO!

On St Patrick's Day they say everyone is Irish!
My mother was a texas-born redheaded Irish girl, the daughter of Orin and Dora Mae Dooley.
So that makes me half Irish on every other day, but 150% on March 17th!
I always try to visit a pub on this day wherever I am in the world, even though I don't drink beer, even the green kind. (Maybe I should ask for a green Cosmo.) I just love being in the middle of so much laughter. And then I come home and watch my "Riverdance" video.

Every city has it's Irish Pubs, and Buenos Aires is no exception. Here's a couple:

Dubliners - Irish Pub
Humboldt 2000

Sullivan's Irish Pub & Restaurant
El Salvador 4919


May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
the rains fall soft upon your fields and,
until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.


The luck of the Irish to ye!
And may you find your own personal pot 'o gold in a Buenos Aires milonga or wherever you celebrate this Saturday. Don't forget to wear green!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow St. Patty's in Brazil I would've never thought of that in a million years. But then again Mardi Gras pretty big down there so why not celebrate another saint!